Thornton Consulting offers organisational coaching and consultancy to business leaders and their teams, promoting excellence, psychological insight, and creative, balanced solutions to complex management challenges.
Established in 1990, most of our work is repeat business; over the last five years around 95% of our time has been spent with ongoing or returning clients. We are experts in embedding learning as part of the business process.
What do we offer?
We specialise in:
- Enabling leaders and chief executives understand and fulfil their roles, and craft better strategic solutions to complex challenges
- Helping teams and groups achieve robust communication and alignment for maximum effectiveness
- Supporting coaches and consultants to deepen their understanding and develop their skills
The people we want to work with:
- Are looking for long-term solutions, not a ‘quick fix’
- Want to learn and build on past experience to meet new challenges
- Are willing to stay with uncertainty long enough to arrive at new understanding and better quality solutions
- Are successful in their fields or have succeeded in the past, and want to move up a gear
- Have integrity and high ethical standards
- Value new ways of thinking, learning and fun
Leadership development and team coaching
We help our clients develop a sharp psychological and contextual analysis to clarify how to improve business performance. Work with us if you are interested in new insights into your business, developing a high-performing team and/or in improving your work-life balance. Learn more about the difference we make with leaders and teams, read case studies or see our client list.
Developing coaches and consultants
We offer coaches a boundaried reflective space for learning from their experiences, individually and in groups. As well as supervision, we offer regular groups for professional and personal development. Learn more about the results of our work with coaches and consultants.
Training and practice based in research and learning
Group and Team Coaching
Christine Thornton’s best-selling book Group and Team Coaching (Routledge 2010, 2016) sets out ‘the secret life of groups’, ways of understanding team and group dynamics. Learn more about the secret life of groups on our Free Resources page or see a list of Christine’s publications.
Coming soon: Third edition of Group and team coaching
The Art and Science of Working Together
Christine’s latest book The Art and Science of Working Together brings together leading group analytic organisational consultants to create a primary resource for everyone wishing to learn more about the complex unconscious dynamics of organisational relationships. Download the contents or the first chapter on our Free Resources page.
What our clients say
“When we work together, the bigger picture becomes clear, and the team is responding to the challenges”
“I am seeing things from a new angle and have a clearer grasp of what is important and what to let go”